International Pet Travel Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the International Pet Travel Forum on July 14, 2009 1:34 p.m.. If you can help with this question about International Pet Travel, please post a reply.

Denver to UK with 4 cats HELP!!

Anyone ever used British Airways? I don't yet know what they charge or how they treat animals. Would Lufthansa be better? What advantage is there to using a shipping company, they are super expensive but if it will make it easier on them I'll do it. Has anyone actually gone through the UK landing process is it long? Please any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Originally posted by Liz from Denver, CO, US
July 14, 2009 1:34 p.m.

Replies

found any answers yet?

Hello Liz,
I was browsing this forum looking for answers and saw you posted more or less my question. I am planning to relocate to the UK from CT with my cat and my dog and I am trying to figure out what to do and if I really should hire one of those pet moving companies (they charge $2500 pet pet, so you understand my hesitance, right?)...
what did you end up doing or did you find any answers?
I hope all went well for you and your cats! any help or advice would be appreciated.
best,
maddalena

Posted by maddalena from wallingford
October 23, 2009 2:35 p.m.

UK

your cats will have to go in quarantaine for quiet some time. I heard the circumstances in their quarantaine are NOT good.
I am travelling home to europe end of the year and am careful not even to have a stopover in London, because even then they take the animals and put them in quarantaine. Even if they are vaccinated ..

Posted by andrea from honolulu
November 9, 2009 4:58 p.m.

Bringin animals to the UK

Hi, I moved from ND to the UK about 2 years ago with a very large dog. We did use British Airways and I thought they were great with my dog. I have a Rottweiler who is 170 lbs and although he is very friendly most people are scared of him. The staff at British Airways and the staff who pick up the animals for holding were GREAT!!! If you follow the regulations and documentation that is needed your pet will not need any quarentine. If you go to the USDA website or just google pet shipping regulations you can find everything needed. I can tell you the preperations and paperwork portion cost almost $1000 for our dog and his plan ticket was $2000. The groups that charge 2500 are also including the paperwork that has to be filed. I chose to do everything on my own and I was able to pick up my dog 4 hours after his plane landed and go home. If you need any information please feel free to email me at sfswife00@yahoo.com.
Good luck

Posted by Darrah from United kingdom
March 21, 2010 4:36 p.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.