Yosemite National Park Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Yosemite National Park Forum on July 20, 2011 9 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Yosemite National Park, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Yosemite National Park yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Yosemite National Park here.

Dog Friendly Trails

Planning a trip to Yosemite in the Fall with the family and the hounds. I'm hoping someone can provide me with the scoop as far as dog friendly trails in Yosemite Park .

Originally posted by LauraR from San Diego, CA, US
July 20, 2011 9 a.m.

Replies

Yosemite National Park

Not dog friendly. Dogs on leash on pavement only NO trails.
If dog cant go I don't go.

Posted by Scott from Santa Ana, CA, US
August 2, 2014 1:38 p.m.

Dog Friendly Trail/Village

Surprisingly, dogs are allowed on paved roads in Yosemite. I had the pleasure of visiting Yosemite last week and we took my 2 dogs and we walked to Lower Yosemite Falls, which is very dog friendly Also, we spent a few hours near the Village area and there were even water bowls for the dogs. There are a lot of deer and squirrels to be aware of. Also, we took the dogs to watch the sunset at Glacier Point and it was amazing. There were 2 other dogs there too. It gets a little crowded so arrive to watch the sunset early. The other walk we took was to mirror lake. I would stick to the road since it is a bit more secluded at that part of the valley. Have a great trip!

Posted by Jennifer from Los Angeles, CA, US
September 13, 2014 5:23 p.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.