International Pet Travel Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the International Pet Travel Forum on January 8, 2012 2:01 p.m.. If you can help with this question about International Pet Travel, please post a reply.

How to bring 8 dogs + 3 cats from BRAZIL to USA (safest way!)

I have 7 dogs and 3 cats. In about an year I will finish my education in brazil and I will join my mother back in the USA. Any advice on airlines (I would love some that could allow me to take at least 2 carry-on pets in the cabin)? Or any especialized pet airline that pets travel in the cabin that cover this route abroad?

Originally posted by Isabel from Stuart, FL, US
January 8, 2012 2:01 p.m.

Replies

flying dogs from miami to brazil

I flew my 6 dogs on American Airlines on a direct flight from Miami to Sao Paulo Brazil. They HAD to go in cargo. I was terrified and worried the whole flight but they all arrived safely. I needed 2 friends to fly with me because they allow only 2 dogs per person. There is a ton of paperwork involved so make sure you get it right or they won't let u fly. The temp outside must be perfect in both countries or they will turn you away at the ticket counter...even if it's 1 degree too high or low. When they arrived in Sao Paulo they weren't happy. They were exhausted and freaked out. I dread taking them back the same way, If you can, charter a private jet so they can ride in the cabin with you.

Posted by dani from Miami, FL, US
March 3, 2012 2:44 p.m.

pet area in Sao Paulo airport

Did Sao Paulo have a pet area? I am flying to Sao Paulo and then to Recife and scheduled extra layover time to try and find a bathroom for the dog. Any suggestions?

Posted by sharon from Gainesville, FL, US
February 12, 2014 4:56 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.