Destin Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Destin Forum on April 5, 2012 8:49 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Destin, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Destin yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Destin here.

Dog Friendly Beaches in Destin

My family owns a house in Destin and my wife and I are coming down in the middle of April. We are bringing our 7 year old mix breed with us and wanted to know what beaches we could take her on. If anyone can help i would appreciate it. we are located off of main street in Destin so anything close to there would be wonderful. Thanks in advance for the tips.

Originally posted by Bradley Price from Columbus, OH, US
April 5, 2012 8:49 a.m.

Replies

No Dog Friendly Beaches

I wish someone would have replied to you. It would have saved us a trip to the Gulf coast. Our 2 Shih Tzus love the beach. We found no beaches. Went into the State Park and were told that Dogs were not allowed on the beaches in FL. at any time. At least the SC beaches let them on mornings and evenings. Maybe there are some private beaches. If I ever feel the need to try the EMMERALD COAST again, I will research that. 11/23/12

Posted by Diane from Columbia, SC, US
November 25, 2012 4:52 a.m.

dog beach

There is a dog beach its in Destin and near the shopping area close to the beach on the ocean side we were there last year it was full of dogs.

Posted by caz from Gulf Breeze, FL, US
January 1, 2013 1:18 a.m.

Pensacola Dog Beach

There's a beach dog park in Pcola. Also in Panama City near Pier Park the dogs are welcome on part of the beach.

Posted by B from Killeen, TX, US
March 8, 2014 11:28 a.m.

Dog Friendly Beaches in Destin

needs to be a movement to get some stretch of beach where dogs and their peoples can enjoy together!

Posted by richard from tallahassee
April 23, 2014 3:09 p.m.

Dog Friendly Beaches

Someone has mentioned a dog friendly beach in Destin, FL that was full of dogs - near a shopping area. Does anyone know what this beach is called? and if they definitely allow dogs? We would be travelling from Georgia to Destin, but if they don't allow dogs on the beach in any part, we will need to choose another destination.

Thanks!

Sarah.

Posted by Sarah from Duluth, GA
May 16, 2014 4:26 p.m.

Dog friendly beach near Destin

Does anyone have any good news about a dog friendly beach in or near Destin??

Posted by Lisa from Prattville, AL, US
August 14, 2014 12:56 p.m.

SNOWBIRD

THE GOVT OF DESTIN ARE TO HIGH AND MIGHTY TO ALLOW

DOGS ON MILES OF BEACHES..LOOK HOW LONG
IT TOOK TO GET A DOG PARK

Posted by TED from canada
November 25, 2015 1:35 p.m.

Dogs on beach

we are staying at the ramada fort Walton beach resort are pets allowed anywhere in that area on the beach?

Posted by sandra from Oakdale
March 10, 2016 10:07 a.m.

DOg friendly beach

You can take the dogs after 3:00 to Pampano Joe's Restaurant & park in their big lot. Dogs are allowed on that beach after 3:00 - it's the next county. Destin (Okaloosa County) never allows them and there is a $500 fine

Posted by Roni Leatherman from Wadsworth, OH, US
May 11, 2016 5:43 p.m.

Pompano Joe's

Called this restaurant and found out that you have to have a permit to actually walk your dog on the Beach in Walton Co. And of course, obtaining such a document requires you to own real property in Walton Co. or be a permanent resident.

Poop!!!

Posted by Matt from Atlanta, GA, US
May 18, 2016 6:24 p.m.

Cape San Blas (on the FL Panhandle)

If you want to bring your dog to a pet-friendly beach, Cape San Blas is in the Florida Panhandle about an hour to the E of Panama City. No high rises, now crowds and it's regularly ranked the best pet friendly beach in the US!

Posted by Wendy from Roswell GA
September 24, 2016 9:37 p.m.

Dog for Boston beaches

I do not even know what to advise you? Permit to walk on the Beach whirh dog - it's just awful.
Boston beaches provide wonderful escapes from the city without the need to actually leave it. Martha's and Nantucket, Vineyard.
I walk with the dog every day. I have a poodle. I recently wanted to buy a house for him, so he lived there with his family.
If you also want a place to swim, feel sand between your toes - come.

Posted by Tom from Boston, GB
October 31, 2016 10:03 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.