United States Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the United States Forum on May 22, 2012 12:53 p.m.. If you can help with this question about United States, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to United States yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in United States here.

NJ Dog Beach

You know, for the longest time I have been on this site and they never ever mention Island Beach State Park in Seaside Park, NJ. This is by far the best beach to bring dogs to. Just be advised that dogs are not allowed on the 2 bathing beaches, but the rest of the 10 mile stretch is fair game. Also allowed on these beaches? Fishing, outdoor campfires, and overnight beach camping. The only rules are that you must have fishing poles with you (as the fishermen are allowed full night beach access).
I usually get a SUV car pass (about $50 for the summer) and can then drive right up to my spot where we want to lay out. They we set up camp with a mini grill, coolers, and of course the dogs. I'm surprised this site never mentions IBSP! Hope someone else sees this and gets a chance to go because it is awesome!

Originally posted by Amanda from Morristown, NJ, US
May 22, 2012 12:53 p.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.