Flying With Dogs Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Flying With Dogs Forum on June 12, 2012 6:33 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Flying With Dogs, please post a reply.

American Airlines not allowing pets in cabin to Mexico anymore

We went to the ticket counter at American Airlines in Dallas with our dog en route to Mexico. They told us at the counter (!) that dogs are no longer allowed to travel in the passenger cabin to Mexio. I refused to put my dog in the luggage compartment, so I had to leave her in Dallas. It was horrible. I have since researched and found that possibly West Jet and Air Canada might still allow dogs in the cabin. Does anyone have information on what to do now to take a small dog to Mexico? I am willing to fly completely out of the way and use any other airline to get my dog to Mexico and back home with me to Dallas. It makes no sense anyway as to how the dog arrives at the border of Mexico - whether in the cabin or in the baggage. When you are at the border, they just ask for the health certificate and rabies vaccine proof. So why all of a sudden this new rule?

Originally posted by Karen from Dallas, TX, US
June 12, 2012 6:33 p.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.