Flying With Dogs Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Flying With Dogs Forum on October 25, 2012 8:39 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Flying With Dogs, please post a reply.

Companion Dog - Flying in Cabin? (70 lbs....?)

Hi Everyone- I'm planning on flying with my companion dog over the holidays (from Denver to NYC). This is going to be my first time flying with her. She's approximately 70lbs. I have epilepsy and can get any note / documentation necessary from my doctor -- what will I need to have my dog fly in the cabin with me ... is this at all possible?
My pup is in training to become certified as a companion (AKC good citizen), as well as a therapy dog. She is currently her intermediate stage of training (not sure if this helps at all...)

Thanks for your help!!!

Originally posted by Kristen from Denver, CO, US
October 25, 2012 8:39 a.m.

Replies

flying with dogs

You'll have to check your individual airline to be absolutely sure, but I can tell you I have looked into flying my 80+ pound pup on every airline in the US and haven't been especially happy with the stats on any of them, and I don't really think any of them will allow a dog that big IN the cabin - even a service dog - but that's what you'll have to double check as mine isn't a service animal (she IS CGC certified though :) ) .

I

Posted by Chauna from Ann Arbor, MI, US
November 3, 2012 3:40 p.m.

Flying with 100lb Dog?

I would like to bring my dog with me on some trips. It would be so much easier if I could fly. I could never crate my dog because he is just too emotional. He is big and friendly, and I can't see him riding in a crate in the cargo area. What would be my travel options? How would I travel overseas?

Posted by Stephanie from Fresno, CA, US
May 26, 2013 10:56 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.