International Pet Travel Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the International Pet Travel Forum on December 1, 2013 7:30 a.m.. If you can help with this question about International Pet Travel, please post a reply.

URGENT: Help me find my dog Ginger! $1,000 reward! Missing from Tocumen Aiport

PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY DOG- $1,000 US reward being offered!!!! Ginger, a 7 yr old female Golden Retriever who is a service dog, was supposed to be moved from Panama to Bahamas via cargo on Thursday Nov 28 2013 in Copa Airlines (Tocumen Airport of Panama) with our two other dogs, Honey and Cody. The dogs missed their flight, and we were told they were all fine and would be on the next flight… the next day we were admitted to that the reason the dogs never made it is because our dog, Ginger, "escaped" and so they did not put any of our dogs on the flight. She is a highly trained dog, always has been a house dog, and one of the dogs traveling with her, is her twin sister and littermate Honey, who has been with her inseparably from birth- who she would NEVER run away from, as they are super attached. The cages were not allowed to ever be opened where we had left them as everything was cleared and the dogs were okayed to go. The traveling containers were locked and had strong ties on them,that a dog could never un-do on their own. This is now 4 days, and there is no sign of the dog anywhere. They haven't even checked the security cameras because they proclaim their workers would not do that, and that there were no cameras where they were supposed to be kept (which is very bad as it is because there could be lots of theft of people's personal items going on!!!!)… We have been told so many things that do not add up and we believe she was stolen by a worker in cargo! Today, Sunday Dec 1, finally the head of all of this said they will "examine" the idea of her being stolen. I am out of Panama and cannot see what is really happening, but we have been told posters have been put out with her picture, and that the local humane society is on the lookout for her. Please spread this message around, my family and I, especially the special needs boy she services, are absolutely heart broken and in despair without her. Please spread this message around to everyone!!! Remember, there is a US $1,000 reward for her return! If you have any information please contact Copa Airlines, or my personal email at lawconsultancy@aol.com. I have been posting this everywhere with the help of a few friends, and am hoping this will help! Thank you so much and have a good day!

Originally posted by Rachel from Nassau, BS
December 1, 2013 7:30 a.m.

Replies

more info on dog

I am so sorry to hear you story and I hope your dog is located soon. Do you have a picture and is the dog microchipped? I don't know that I would have much luck helping as I am in FL but you can send a message on my dog FB page, Mav's Mutthouse. I do have a couple of Golden Retriever rescues who follow my page.

Posted by Deb from Jacksonville, FL, US
December 3, 2013 7:34 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.