Flying With Dogs Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Flying With Dogs Forum on February 10, 2014 5:34 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Flying With Dogs, please post a reply.

Be careful when flying with your dog in the cargo hold

Make sure your check the airline's pet travel policies! They attempted to book us on an aircraft model that dogs are allowed to travel in the hold (most likely due to pressurization and/or temperature issues. They also tried to send us through a city where the temperature was WAY below the limit according to their own regulations. They also weren't able to get his kennel through the cargo door on another flight.

If you don't do the homework yourself (since they don't necessarily know their own regulations, your travel can be massively disrupted or worst case your dog may end up harmed.

Originally posted by Drew from Navarre, FL, US
February 10, 2014 5:34 p.m.

Replies

What airline did you use?

I'm trying to determine whether i want to fly my 2 large dogs on a plane or not. It's not a direct flight, which makes me nervous. So, I wonder which airlines people have had negative experiences with.
Thanks.

Posted by Keri from Minneapolis, MN, US
February 25, 2014 12:43 p.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.