Vero Beach Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Vero Beach Forum on February 13, 2014 4:53 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Vero Beach, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Vero Beach yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Vero Beach here.

VB is Not Very Dog Friendly

We were disappointed to find that this town :
prohibits dogs on the beach
prohibits dogs in its parks
and has very few outdoor dining venues that permit dogs.
Having said that, if you find yourselves here, there are two excellent dog-friendly establishments: Vero BeacH Hotel and Spa (a Kimpton) and Osceloa Grill, a delightful restaurant with outstanding cuisine and a cozy outdoor dining area at which dogs are welcome.
But the park and beach policies are the most hostile I have encountered!

Originally posted by Katie from White Stone, VA, US
February 13, 2014 4:53 p.m.

Replies

Thanks Katie

Thanks for the update Katie!

Posted by Dexter and David from Charlotte, NC, US
February 19, 2014 6:21 a.m.

TOO BAD :(

I too was looking at this forum hoping to find a beach, I usually go to Flagler County, Dogs are allowed anywhere on the beach leashed, and several pet friendly restaurants, HOWEVER, it's going to be unusually cold there and was looking for somewhere warmer!! and I want to bring my min pin! So disappointed in Vero, guess I try Jupiter.Thanks

Posted by Sandy from Noblesville, IN, US
November 30, 2014 4:19 a.m.

Florida is not dog friendly nor is Vero Beach.

They now have a park on the Barrier Island called Vero Beach Dog Park. It is free I would not take my dog there if they paid me. Oh it is beautiful but you take your DOG/S life in your hands - no control. Pack behavior , dog fights, there have been bites reported - it is NOT SAFE. Dogs have been seriously hurt there --- DO NOT GO. I belong to Dogs for Life, Inc. park. It cost $100 a year and you must go through orientation - my dog is safe there. There are some great trails in Vero. To be truthful Florida is one of the "not friendly" dog states. Most of the State Parks do not allow dogs. Sorry.

Posted by Chere from Vero Beach, FL, US
June 24, 2015 11:40 a.m.

VB dog friendly establishments

Add the Costa D'Est to the Pet Friendly establishments in VB. Great staff , very friendly. We enjoy sitting on the front patio near the wonderful fountain with our large dog.

I do agree Vero needs to get on the pet friendly train!

Posted by Julia from Melbourne Beach, FL, US
August 22, 2015 10:15 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.