Flying With Dogs Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Flying With Dogs Forum on February 18, 2014 11:27 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Flying With Dogs, please post a reply.

1st time flying with my pets!

I am going to be traveling to NY from SC with my dogs and this is their first time on a plane. I am really worried and do not know what to expect. I am debating on even going all together because I am so worried about my dogs being checked in as baggage.

Would love some feed back about what to expect, how to plan, what to do and/or would love to hear your experiences traveling with your pets!

Thanks in advanced for your time!

Originally posted by Michelle from Cheraw, SC, US
February 18, 2014 11:27 a.m.

Replies

Just me again...1st time flying with my pets...I forgot to add...

My dogs both weigh about 70+ pounds. One (Nanook) is a Golden Retriever/Husky mix and the other(Midnight) is a Lab/Boxer mix.

Nanook barks constantly at people out of fear. Midnight barks because she wants people to come pet and play with her but the 1st time I put her in a car for my move to SC I had to lift her. She is afraid of everything at first...they both are. She thinks she is human mostly because I have had her since she was 3 weeks. Her mother was hit by a car so I took her and her 4 siblings in and took care of them until they were old enough for us to find them a good home. My son wanted to keep her so we did! She is 2 years old and Nanook is 3!

Thought I would include some info about my babies!

Thank you again for your time and any feed back you can supply with traveling with your dogs.

Posted by Michelle from Cheraw, SC, US
February 18, 2014 11:33 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.