Flying With Dogs Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Flying With Dogs Forum on September 27, 2014 4:58 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Flying With Dogs, please post a reply.

like a charm

Just returned from flying with my dog, Pepper, on a four city itinerary. My husband and I flew San Francisco to Chicago to Boston to Washington DC to Philadelphia with Pepper in cabin. He is a first class little traveler and we had no problems. Due to weight limit of 16 lbs. I did trim him down via scooping 1 Tablespoon of kibble off the top of his dish for 3 months prior to flight, bringing his weight down to 15.3 pounds. Just to be sure. He rode in his soft-sided crate that he rides in when in the car, with his blanket. Used smallest dose of tranquilizer that vet had prescribed for him and he slept like a baby. True that I had to pay $125 for him to be in cabin (yes, per flight) and was not happy about it. But couldn't leave him for 3 weeks and would have spent much more than that on boarding anyway. Great experience. Flew United. Note that Pet Relief Area in Chicago, Ohare was fully fenced and NO WATER available. At Boston same deal. In DC Dulles the area was fenced but not enough to keep a small dog from slipping out. Still no water. SFO takes the prize: large, fully fenced and a hose to fill water bowls. Now that's relief!

Originally posted by Rachel from Berkeley, CA, US
September 27, 2014 4:58 p.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.