United States Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the United States Forum on January 20, 2015 6:43 a.m.. If you can help with this question about United States, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to United States yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in United States here.

Doggie Parents Behavior

Monthly, during the past five years for medical visits, my wife and I travel to Redding California for a 3 - 4 nights stay with our two kids, a miniature Schnauzer and a Cocker Spaniel. We have always, if available, booked with LaQuinta Hotels, that Is, until an unfortunate experience. Due to a laxed pet policy, we felt that for our pets safety and ours, that we would seek a new place to stay. This is when fortunately, we discovered the Red Lion Hotel in Redding California. During our 40 plus years of travel with pets and kids we feel that this hotel is by far the very best maintained, provisioned, staff friendly and professional staff we have ever stayed. Within the beautiful courtyard lays a crystal clear pool surrounded by small rolling grass knolls, all meticulously maintained and securely fenced with card lock gates. All rooms open up to this beautiful courtyard which allows all first floor guests to walk right out onto their own concrete patio, and with their pets, right onto this beautiful grass. All that management asks is, Please! Pick up after your pet. I was totally shocked the guests that just that same day, wiped their own back ends, walk away with their pets, leaving behind huge piles of excrement. This morning, I had bagged up 4 two bag piles within maybe a 6x6 area. At a glance across this beautiful lawn shows as many. It infuriates me that these disrespectful pet owners, would jeopardise the benefit of this property owner, to allow us pet owners, to enjoy this beautiful property, purely because of their own laziness. I know for a fact that this property only recently has become pet friendly. Please!! We all know how hard it Is to find a pet friendly property, let alone, one as beautiful as the Red Lion Redding California.

Originally posted by Rick Marchione from Jackson, CA, US
January 20, 2015 6:43 a.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.