International Pet Travel Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the International Pet Travel Forum on October 14, 2015 12:02 a.m.. If you can help with this question about International Pet Travel, please post a reply.

In cabin pet travel on Lufthansa from Greece to USA - Weight restrictions issue

In January 2016 I will be travelling with my Westie puppy who is currently 5 1/2 months old. She currently weighs 4.6 kg (10pounds). I booked tickets with Lufthansa because they had the shortest layover and allow pets in cabin throughout the entire flight.

This will be my first flight with a dog and since she is still growing I want to make sure that by the time we fly she will comply with Lufthansa's weight requirements which are that the dog with the carrier must weight up to 8kg (17.6pounds).

Has anyone had any experience with Lufthansa in cabin travel? How strict are they about weight and carrier dimensions requirements?
Do you have any suggestions for light yet sturdy and reliable pet carriers?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Originally posted by Natalie from Athens, GR
October 14, 2015 12:02 a.m.

Replies

Flying the first time fom Los Angeles to Europe (Austria) with my cat.

Hey there.
I also chose Lufthansa. I'll be flying the first time with my cat from Los Angeles to Austria.
My cat has 12 pounds. well I'm a little scared because I don't wanna give my cat any medicine and he can't use the bathroom for about 18 hours which is my whole travel time......

Posted by Silvia from Los Angeles, CA, US
December 21, 2015 5:06 p.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.