International Pet Travel Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the International Pet Travel Forum on October 23, 2015 3:08 a.m.. If you can help with this question about International Pet Travel, please post a reply.

How do I get my tiny Yorkshire Terrier from China to the US

I am moving back to America and need to bring our baby with us. She is a Yorkshire Terrier that weighs 1.3 kilograms. We are currently booked on an air canada flight from Shanghai to Toronto and then a connecting flight home to Atlanta.

I have an airline approved carrier. I keep getting varying information about quarantine and whether or not she can fly at my feet on the airplane. I understand she will have to be examined and undergo quarantine once we are there.

But I don't know about flying with her. I don't want her in cargo! Oh, what to do...

Originally posted by Mary Claire from Cartersville, GA, US
October 23, 2015 3:08 a.m.

Replies

Travel Assistance

This link (http://www.cdc.gov/importation/bringing-an-animal-into-the-united-states/dogs.html) will provide information on vaccinations and quarantine times. You can also consult with your embassy in the US. As for the flight itself, you will have to talk with the Airline directly. Each airline has different policies concerning pets.

I hope this helps!
Happy Travels from the BringFido Team!

Posted by Becca from Greenville, SC, US
October 27, 2015 7:16 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.