While Dr. Fauci put us all at ease when he announced that Santa Claus has "innate immunity" from COVID-19, gathering for photos with Kris Kringle and his helpers is looking a bit different this holiday season. Check out these pet-friendly options for new and creative ways to safely interact with the big guy and still get your traditional photos of Fido with Santa in 2020.
Be sure to review this “nice list” of tips for getting the most precious portrait of your Christmas canine with jolly old St. Nick before your big day.
1. Start Fresh - Take a tip from the pros and bring your pup’s comb and some pet wipes with you so he is perfectly groomed for his photos. And don’t forget to shine up his pearly whites to capture those sweet smiles.
2. Dress to Impress - If you want to add a little extra pizzazz to her pic, a classy Christmas dress (make that a festive bow tie for the gents) or reindeer antlers are always a great addition for the occasion.
3. Bring the Treats - The secret to getting award-winning puppy grins? Reward your good boy’s behavior (or bribe him) with some of his favorite snacks.
4. Get Involved - Put your pooch at ease and capture her attention by standing where she can see you. If she’s a bit camera shy, ask if you can pop in the photo with her! If you're the one taking the shot, make sure to get down on her level for the most angelic angle.
5. Embrace the Imperfections - Sometimes, the silliest Christmas pics make the best holiday memories.
6. Spread Cheer - Sharing a sweet, silly, or sentimental photo of your pup with Santa is the best way to spread holiday cheer. Make sure to #BringFido for a chance for your furry elf to be featured.