Madison Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Madison Forum on July 12, 2010 7:59 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Madison, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Madison yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Madison here.

Madison, WI is NOT dog friendly

Madison, WI is NOT a dog friendly city. You can not even walk your dogs on leash in city park. No stores downtown put out water bowls and the city council plans on banning all animals from city events that have food vendors. I don't know how Madison got a dog friendly reputation. It is the least dog friendly I've ever been to.

Originally posted by MadT from Madison, WI, US
July 12, 2010 7:59 p.m.

Replies

Could improve..

We got a dog in December of this year. We live by two city parks which have posted "no dogs" but everyone in the neighborhood walks their dogs on leash in on the walks in those parks daily. There are a bunch of great off-leash parks with a lot of land to run and water to swim. I can walk her into any pet store and she is welcome. What I am hoping to find are more dog-friendly businesses. Yes, putting water out would be a nice way for a business to be friendly. Keeping my eyes open.

She is pretty well - received around here, but people can turn quickly judgmental if she barks. Mostly she doesn't, but sometimes unpredictably, something makes her bark and we get nasty looks from people. Then, I find that people show the same intolerance for children who act like children that they show for dogs who act like dogs. There are always jerks to be found in this world.

Posted by Jennifer from Madison, WI, US
February 7, 2013 4:49 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.