Woodstock Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Woodstock Forum on September 24, 2010 9:02 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Woodstock, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Woodstock yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Woodstock here.

WOODSTOCK, VERMONT RESTAURANTS NOT SO DOG FRIENDLY

Having been impressed by the slogans about dog-friendly Vermont, we tried a touring vacation in the Woodstock area with our Labrador Retriever, Paco. We did not have any trouble finding dog-friendly hotels, but finding a place to eat was difficult. We had a directory and called all of the restaurants in the Woodstock area to ask if we could sit with our dog next to the table on an outdoor patio or porch and they ALL said no. Walking around in the heat, we finally found a deli with a sidewalk-side patio where they allowed us to have lunch.
We had the same problems with restaurants in Vermont and New York state. The only accommodation the restaurants would make would be to let Paco sit outside of their fenced-in area. I am not talking about just the fancy restaurants.
So, I would not vacation with my dog in Vermont or New York state again unless I rented a house and was planning to stay in one place for the whole vacation. That way, the dog would have a comfortable place to stay and he would have time to get used to it before we would leave him alone there for a few hours at a time.

Originally posted by Janet from Sykesville, MD, US
September 24, 2010 9:02 a.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.