Richmond Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Richmond Forum on June 2, 2011 5:02 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Richmond, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Richmond yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Richmond here.

swimmer

I have 2 dogs that love the water. I want to take them somewhere they can go swimming in the Richmond area.Can someone help me please ?

Originally posted by wayne from Richmond, VA, US
June 2, 2011 5:02 p.m.

Replies

swimming reply

Belle Isle on the James is one option, but it can be a bit rocky with some drop offs in the river level. The lake at Deep Run Park would be perfect, but I don't think it's technically allowed. If you google "deep run park" and dog and swim, there's a great video of a dog swimming last year. Apparently, the guy had no problems, but I'd go off hours, keep the pooch under control, and be ready to apologize and leave if need be! Also, Paws to Swim is an indoor swimming facility in Rockville, just west of Short Pump. Not cheap, but your dogs would love it -- heated pools, toys, ramped entry . . . Good luck!

Posted by gann from Richmond, VA, US
June 11, 2011 8:38 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.