Asheville Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Asheville Forum on June 4, 2013 7:49 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Asheville, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Asheville yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Asheville here.

Biltmore Estates' Kennel

I heard they have two kennels at Biltmore, both unsupervised. I am hesitant to leave my 5 pound yorkie. How secure is the enclosure? Can she slip through?? Is the self waterer low enough for a tiny dog to get a drink? I am so concerned and wish they'd allow us to bring her inside in her enclosed stroller. It's small and lightweight and she'd be so much less trouble/noise/mess than a toddler in a stroller. Just sayin.

Posted by Marty from Jacksonville, FL, US
June 4, 2013 7:49 a.m.

Replies

My two cents..

Just reading these posts & thinking I would never ever leave my 6.5 lb. Maltese in an 'unsupervised' kennel anywhere. I'm not a fan of even leaving my dog at his vet unless I really have to. A small dog could be stolen very quickly & easily, and my dog would be miserable if left alone in a strange place. I too have a dog stroller for my well behaved dog and also would like to be able to bring it into the Biltmore estate when we visit Ashville someday in the future, he is part of our family and I'm sad to hear that it doesn't seem they will allow it.

Posted by Sandy from Rutherford, NJ, US
January 25, 2016 4:18 p.m.

Check with Biltmore

I am a passholder of the Biltmore estate and dogs are allowed on the estate , just not in the Biltmore House. Check with Biltmore customer service and ask them. There are dog friendly trails and such too.

Posted by Irene from Asheville NC
October 3, 2016 10:35 p.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.