United States Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the United States Forum on November 7, 2012 8:49 a.m.. If you can help with this question about United States, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to United States yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in United States here.

Red Tide

Take Notice!
Red tide effects on Dogs at Southwest Florida Gulf Beaches:

I was happy to find a service that helps the needs of travellers/Vacationers with Dogs find pet friendly vacation rentals.

However I was not happy to find out serious health alerts are not posted that can effect your pets health.
Red Tide, which is common in SW Florida, has seriously affected my dog which we are treating. This is the last thing I expected to have to deal with on our vacation.
The beach is littered with dead fish and dead birds who have ingested the fish.
We noticed a slight buring in our throats and sneezing then noticed the dog was doing the same.
Residents have told us of dogs that have died from the nurotoxin exposure associated with Red Tide.
This is not what I would consoder a "Pet Friendly" enviroment and beware before booking. Please research first.

Originally posted by Rob from New Port Richey, FL, US
November 7, 2012 8:49 a.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.