Columbus Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Columbus Forum on December 10, 2012 5:53 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Columbus, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Columbus yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Columbus here.

Leash Law/Unleashed dog in city park (Franklin County)

I live in Franklin County Ohio and as I understand the law(s) - specifically - Confining Your Dog
(Ohio Revised Code Section 955.22C) - you are to maintain reasonable control of your dog if it is off leash. My question is this - if there is a city park within Franklin County can they enforce "No dogs off leash"? A sign was recently posted that states this. I have a very friendly dog that is very obedient and I enjoy letting her off leash to play catch etc. If the law allows for off leash..then can they randomly decide to do this? Seems a bit shady seeing that it is funded by my tax dollars. Any information would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Scott from Columbus, OH, US
December 10, 2012 5:53 a.m.

Replies

Re: Leash Law/Unleashed dog in city park

Regardless of whether or not the posted sign is enforceable, please keep your dog on leash in the park for your dog's own safety! Just because your dog is friendly, doesn't mean every other leashed dog in the park is safe around little dogs. Also, some people don't like dogs no matter how friendly, and they have every right to use the public park too. If you want to play with your dog off leash, please take her to one of the MANY off-leash dog parks in the city! We have some really outstanding dog parks throughout the city!

Posted by Kate from Columbus, OH, US
May 5, 2014 5:28 p.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.