Durban Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Durban Forum on January 4, 2013 9:50 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Durban, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Durban yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Durban here.

Which beaches are dogs allowed on?

I've travelled up and down the North and South Coast and can barely find anywhere where dogs are allowed. Does anyone know of a beach close to Durban Main Beach where dogs are allowed. All I see every where is just signs that allow you to do little or nothing. Surely we can share a little space on the beaches for dogs without having to travel for an hour? Can anyone help?

Originally posted by Sharon from Durban, ZA
January 4, 2013 9:50 p.m.

Replies

Pet friendly beaches

Here is a list where of places where you can find pet friendly beaches:
West Coast Beaches:British Columbia, Washington, Oregon & California
Gulf of Mexico Beaches:Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi & Alabama

Great Lakes Beaches: Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio & Pennsylvania.

East Coast (and Florida) Beache: Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia & Florida.

Posted by Uberoom from Houston, Texas
January 8, 2013 6:16 a.m.

Good Information

Thanks for sharing this information as mine friend was also in search of such places.

Posted by Ackerley from Farmington, NY, US
January 9, 2013 11:05 p.m.

good information

Juist keep in mind that some pets will get desperate on the beach, so remember to bring them plenty of water for the heat and to be prepared to clean up their mess. have fun!

Posted by Uberoom from Houston, TX, US
February 28, 2013 12:33 p.m.

Umdloti

I go to umdloti and walk north or south. Also virginia beach is a favorite.

Posted by Jeremy from DURBAN
September 17, 2013 2:18 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.