New York Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the New York Forum on September 11, 2013 7:37 a.m.. If you can help with this question about New York, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to New York yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in New York here.

dog vacation in NYC

I need all the tips I can get----lodging, restaurants, cafes that would be dog friendly during our stay in NYC. We would like to be in Midtown or relatively near Central Park. Our trip would be in October 2013. Any suggestions would be so helpful. Ours is a standard poodle. Can he ride in a taxi? We will need a pet sitter at some point.

Originally posted by susan from Chattanooga, TN, US
September 11, 2013 7:37 a.m.

Replies

NYC vacation

If you're up for staying in Brooklyn, Prospect Park is a fantastic place to bring your dog, and I'd recommend Eva's Play Pups if you need any doggie day care. You can take a dog on the subway as long as it's contained, ie. in a dog carry bag. Not sure about taxis but it's probably up to the driver's discretion.

Posted by Joanne from Brooklyn, NY
September 18, 2013 12:43 p.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.