Deerfield Beach Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Deerfield Beach Forum on May 18, 2014 7:44 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Deerfield Beach, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Deerfield Beach yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Deerfield Beach here.

DEERFIELD BEACH CITY THE WORST CITY FOR ON LEACH GOOD DOGS

I am in process of buying a home in Deerfield beach, by the beach. I am told that I cannot walk my Golden Retriever on the sidewalk next to the beach AT ALL - NEVER! I find this unconstitutional and wonder how they can enforce this. I understand off leash, I understand fines for not cleaning up after the dog. But how can they possibly keep me, a taxpayer off all the prime sidewalks next to the beach 24/7. My taxes pay for that beach. Also, how can they disallow dogs on the beach 24/7? I understand prime hours but this is again, unconstitutional. Maybe they should keep screaming children off the sidewalk, fat people, sloppy people with no shirts on, when does it stop
I want to know my rights and possible start a civil lawsuit.

Originally posted by Sam from Charleston, SC, US
May 18, 2014 7:44 a.m.

Replies

Dog Leash ORDINANCE in Deerfield Beach, Florida

Is this legal? To keep a well behaved, on leash dog of the sidewalks 24/7 and/or the beach?

I cannot believe it is even legal or possible.... I just rented a condo one block from that sidewalk. I have two little yorkies and expected to walk them on the sidewalk every morning.

I am going to have to see if I can get my money back and cancel the lease.
I do not believe the residents of Deerfield put up with this.

Posted by George from Jacksboro, TX, US
May 18, 2014 7:47 a.m.

DEERFIELD BEACH CITY THE WORST CITY FOR ON LEACH GOOD DOGS

Thsnks for the information.
I cancelled our stay in Deerfield Beach.
We are travelling with 2 little dogs and we are not supporting dog-UNfriendly places. There are better places which welcome dogs on top!

Posted by Sandy from Mexico Beach, FL, US
September 2, 2014 4:37 a.m.

cancelling my stay

Thanks for the info - I am also cancelling my stay in Deerfield - What's the point!

Posted by Julie from Plantation, FL, US
March 16, 2015 2:03 p.m.

POMPANO BEACH HAS THE SAME RULES....INSANE

I WAS PRACTICALLY ARRESTED WHEN I DIDN'T MOVE OFF THE SIDE WALK FAST ENOUGH FOR POLICE.... I UNDERSTAND THE BEACH THING IN MAJOR LIFE GUARD AREAS BUT I GET AROUND THAT EASILY BY PICKING THE RIGHT BEACH.... USUALLY ..... BUT THE SIDEWALKS ARE CRAZY.... THAT IS WHAT COMMUNITY IS ALL ABOUT, TAKING A STROLL WITH YOUR POOCH....

Posted by victoria from Pompano Beach, FL, US
November 24, 2015 7:34 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.