Sandpoint Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Sandpoint Forum on July 6, 2014 10:01 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Sandpoint, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Sandpoint yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Sandpoint here.

DOG BEACH - HORRIBLE - SANDPOINT not PLACE FOR DOG FOLKS

I am wondering about North Idaho, it seems like it would have been a great place for a dog friendly vacation. And I was so wrong.

We drove 40minutes from BayView (extremely UNdog Friendly). They are welcoming but there are no beaches, no parks, nowhere for dogs to play. If you have a senior dog.... BayView is the place for you. BUT NOT ON THE 4TH OF JULY! I have never seen a drunken madhouse like Bayview on the 4th. It was scary for people, drunks walking all around from 12n to 4am screaming yelling and throwing insults your way if you did not let them 'borrow' your dog for 3hrs?

As for Dog Beach in Sandpoint - DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. They have thrown dogs and dog owners on a muddy garbage filled 30ft beach situated between a freeway and a train track (two loud trains went by in the matter of 40 minutes).

AS for town, NOT DOG FRIENDLY. There were only a few other pups walking about and nowhere we could find that was dog friendly. Actually we were very disappointed with the offerings of town for human folks. There was no 'friendly' vibe.

I would think twice about booking a vacation in North Idaho... I personally would bypass for the Washington Coast or Montana.

Originally posted by tawny from Friday Harbor, WA, US
July 6, 2014 10:01 a.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.