British Columbia Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the British Columbia Forum on November 16, 2014 10:07 a.m.. If you can help with this question about British Columbia, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to British Columbia yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in British Columbia here.

New here- needs help -URGENT please

Hello,
I am new here, and have a problem with vet and a dog...

I have a 13 year old dog that has bad gums and teeth, but she is healthy , happy and has no signs of pain at all. She will be 14 in 4 months and we love her a lot. I took her to the vet, it is a new vet as we moved to new place, and the vet wants to do surgery on her teeth and take them out. I don't feel comfortable doing that as she is old and looks and feels great as it is now , and doing this surgery will have its complications, pain and problems after. I want her to live her life happily and healthy as much as can be , in the few years she has left to live due to her age , and it looks to me that living as she is now is the best way for her. She eats normally and very alert, happy and alive as a young dog.
The vet threatened me that if I don't do the surgery or put her to sleep she will call the spca and "they will know what do with you" her exact words.
My question is what can I do if this happen, will I be able to refuse to do that ,can they force me to do the surgery, can they take my dog away, any information would be greatly appreciated.Thank you

Originally posted by mommy for dog from Vancouver, BC, CA
November 16, 2014 10:07 a.m.

Replies

Vet

I suggest to look for second opinion IF THE DOG IS NOT IN PAIN WHY TO DO A SURGERY

Posted by Alex from Toronto, ON, CA
December 1, 2014 11:18 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.