Marathon Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Marathon Forum on March 17, 2015 8:58 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Marathon, please post a reply. If you're travelling to Marathon yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Marathon here, or call 877-411-FIDO to speak with one of our pet travel experts!

How dog friendly is Marathon?

Hi All,
I’m thinking about spending 6-8 weeks in Marathon Jan-March 2016. I have a Aussie-Shepard mix, about 40#, friendly and loves to play. How friendly are the businesses/beaches/restaurants in the area? I don’t want to spend the winter at the trailer.
Thanks for any and all feedback!

Originally posted by Cathy Biliouris from Ashby, MA, US
March 17, 2015 8:58 a.m.

Replies

Pet friendly in Marathon

There are a ton of restaurants that you can bring your dog to, also a couple of off-leash places other than restaurants too; the dog park is by 98th st in town and there is a great beach that is mostly used by locals only at the end of Coco Plum Drive. Any restaurant that you can sit outside - which are most here - you can have the hound; our favorites are Sparky's, Castaway, Keys Fisheries, and the Cracked Conch, in that order. Careful spending that much time here....The Keys disease is extremely contagious!

Posted by Hounder from Duck Key, FL, US
November 29, 2015 6:17 a.m.

Pet-Friendly Evacuation Shelters  
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.