Flying With Dogs Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Flying With Dogs Forum on June 22, 2015 9:34 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Flying With Dogs, please post a reply.

Bad experience at Bush Int Airport

I travelled on Friday 29th of May from Paris to Houston with my dog in hold (flight AF 0636). We paid 200€ for the dog’s transportation.
After landing in Houston and done with all the controls, we arrived in the luggage hall to find our dog abandonned in his kennel in the middle of the hall.
We were supposed to pick him up at the oversized luggage counter. But the kennel was put on the ground about 7 meters away from the counter and in the middle of the pathway. And there was nobody at the counter.
The flight had been long, the landing very brutal, and the dog was scared and needed comfort. As a minimum, to put him along a wall would have been more securing.
I will think twice before travelling again with my dog. I wrote to Bush Int Airport to com pain and never got any answer.

Originally posted by ANNE from Houston, TX, US
June 22, 2015 9:34 a.m.

Replies

Travel Assistance

Thank you so much for letting us know! This post will help many, many future travelers. I hope your pup is safe and sound now!

Thank you again & Happy Travels,
Becca Barnett
BringFido.com

Posted by Becca from Greenville, SC, US
June 25, 2015 6:41 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.