Flying With Dogs Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Flying With Dogs Forum on October 21, 2015 8:04 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Flying With Dogs, please post a reply.

WORST INHUMANE EXPERIENCE WITH HAWAIIAN AIRLINES

We have had a horrifying experience with Hawaiian airlines.

My husband and I flew from Maui to Honolulu with our respective emotional support animals with a letter from a licensed therapist. As requested we had called 48 hours prior and they assigned us bulkhead seats. They did check our letters and letters were considered valid. There were no problems, dogs stayed in the assigned seat withou barking. On the way back we booked bulkhead seats and advised them about our travel with our pets the morning of travel. Phone reservations line again verified - NO PROBLEM.

We arrived to the airport before 4 PM for a 6:22 PM flight but were held in customer service and they kept delaying a response regarding the reason denial and did not issue us a ticket. They said the letter is not valid as it is not written by a licensed therapist. They called security even tho we were calmly trying to reason with them. We sat there for 3 hours without food or water for ourselves or our dogs while they gave us the run around. One employee mentioned Hawaiian airlines wants us to publicize such incidents as “they want to discourage people from flying with their pets. FAA is cracking down on us”. They said Maui had make a mistake and that “2 wrongs dont make a right”. NO EXPLANATION FOR WHY WE WERE NOT ADVISED OF SUCH ISSUES WHEN WE CALLED TO SCHEDULE THE FLIGHT.

We had checked bags, no food for our dogs, no car and no place to stay. We were denied and not offered any options. They told us bags would be returned on 11:40 flight from Kahului. When we went back to baggage claim at midnight, it was closed and we could not retrieve our bags. We could not find a hotel reservation so we had to sleep in a rental car.

We finally flew back on a small interisland commuter flight which allows pets to fly in cabin. We had to be separated as only 1 pet is allowed per flight. Our dog Sunny had seizures from the trauma and stress of this experience the entire flight back. My husband and I cannot stop sobbing about this nightmare and will never fly Hawaiian airlines again. This is unfortunate as we live in Hawaii and this is the largest interisland carrier.

WE HIGHLY DISCOURAGE ANYONE FROM USING HAWAIIAN AIRLINES DUE TO THEIR POOR CUSTOMER SERVIE AND CORPORATE STRUCTURE THAT ALLOWS INCONSISTENT POLICIES AND BULLYING OF PASSENGERS

Originally posted by Anne from Wailuku, HI, US
October 21, 2015 8:04 p.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.