Suggestions/Feedback Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Suggestions/Feedback Forum on May 28, 2016 7:53 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Suggestions/Feedback, please post a reply.

Beach Dog Prejudice

I have been taking my two dogs to the public beach in East Haven, CT for years. As a resident, I enjoy a beach pet-walk off-season &/or after hours after a long, stressful day. My dogs TOTALLY look forward to their evening beach walk & are even on a "timer", meaning every nite @ 6:30 they start bugging me to take them there. My Lab especially loves it since-like all Labs-she loves a dip in the water. My terrier always seems to be hot & can't wait to feel the cool breeze near the sound.
I am a very responsible dog-owner. I leash my dogs (except when quite near the shore so they can swim), I clean up after them & I make sure I'm considerate of others who may have a fear of dogs. We stay below the tide line and away from any left-over crowds.
Anyway, tonight I was accosted buy a surly anti-dog man who lives in a Condo overlooking the beach. I have never seen this man before in all my years of walking my dogs there. He screamed & screamed at me about the "no dogs regulation" on the beach & how we needed to leave immediately. He was irate, rude & I couldn't get a word in edgewise. I AM aware of the "NO Dogs" rule, but many other dog owners have brought their pets to that same beach after hours without incident.
I told him that there was no sign posted at the entrance I came in, but he carried on about the (only)sign posted on the beach bath house.
SO....We left. But I was left w/ a sour taste in my mouth & very disgruntled because now my nightly walks have come to a screeching halt & I don't know WHAT I'm gonna do come 6:30 every nite! My dogs are going to be CRUSHED!
I did go over and read the said sign on the bath house. It said "NO BIKES" (I counted 3), "NO FLOTATION DEVICES" (they were all over),
"NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES" (every other person had a cooler full of beer), and then...yeah..."NO PETS". What a shame that all the other rules are disregarded, yet the minute a dog shows up, all hell breaks loose!!!

Signed,
Very Disappointed Dog-Owner in East Haven, CT

Originally posted by Devon from East Haven, CT, US
May 28, 2016 7:53 p.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.