United States Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the United States Forum on June 23, 2016 4:13 p.m.. If you can help with this question about United States, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to United States yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in United States here.

New Carry Everywhere Mommy

We are traveling to West Virginia to see our children and plan to stop in several large cities in route. Is it okay to carry my puppy with me sight seeing. Just window shopping she can go with right? As long as she is in her backpack or on her leash.

Originally posted by Loretta Fleming from Talladega, AL, US
June 23, 2016 4:13 p.m.

Replies

Carrying your pup

Hi Loretta.

It really depends on where you go, and what rules and regulations exist. You can check our site before you enter a shop or an attraction, but if they are not listed here, it's good to keep an open mind that Fido might not be welcome, even in a carrier. Many shops are okay with it as long as he remains in a carrier, but it's always a good idea to ask beforehand. If you plan to travel very far off your route to make a stop I would advise calling ahead just to check.

Safe and happy travels!

Posted by Lauren from Greenville, SC
June 24, 2016 8:48 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.