Flying With Dogs Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Flying With Dogs Forum on June 26, 2016 8:39 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Flying With Dogs, please post a reply.

Boston Terrier MIX flying to Hawaii this summer

Hi! We have a 8 year old Boston terrier mix, and trying to move to Hawaii this summer - fall.
All shots and blood tests were done, and just waiting for 120 days to be over at the end of July.
We have been searching airlines for pet transport, but almost all the airlines do not accept Boston terriers.
We are wondering if that includes "MIX." Our dog's color looks like Boston terrier, but he does not have a short-nose, as all the airlines listed all the short nose breed. We adopted him long time ago, and the paper stated 'Boston Terrier mix" so no one is really sure what kind of breed he is.
Can my vet write a letter to airlines explaining my dog is not a short nose breed???
If you have any experience with short nose breeds, and flying to Hawaii, please let me know!
Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Mie from Decatur, GA, US
June 26, 2016 8:39 p.m.

Replies

Boston Terrier MIX flying to Hawaii this summer

Not sure if you've checked yet, but Alaska allows for BTs to travel in cabin to Hawaii.

Posted by Don from Kaneohe
July 4, 2016 11:01 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.