United States Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the United States Forum on July 12, 2016 12:50 p.m.. If you can help with this question about United States, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to United States yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in United States here.

Los Angeles Dogs Allowed at Scholl Canyon Retirement Community

Hi - Just wanted to pass along this nugget of info. If you are in the LA area and considering moving into a retirement community, you should check out Scholl Canyon Estates 1551 E Chevy Chase Dr, Glendale, CA 91206 -- just north of downtown. They accept dogs and cats when moving a family member into a retirement building. Add that there are no outrageous pet deposits at this facility, they treat the pets like family and that I know they have play times, our situation went from dire to delightful. I was told they treat the animals like family and that's good to know! They call the opportunity a New Pet Move In...(in case you want to call yourself and ask about the details.)

Why share this? My aunt Thelma refused to move but was having health issues. I didn't want her and her dog at the house alone. We SEARCHED for a place for the pair -- doggie included -- and this is the ONLY one we could find and we called everywhere. It was a deal breaker -- no dog no move -- and if you have a loved one who will only move with their pet, you probably understand this situation very well!

As a huge dog fan, I understand why Thelma wouldn't give up Cookie. Luckily we found a solution on this and it took weeks to find. Wanted to pass this on in case there are other folks out there who are facing the same situation. Thank you.

Originally posted by Dee from Los Angeles, CA, US
July 12, 2016 12:50 p.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.