Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply
Esplanade of Ministries
Block D - Brasília / DF - CEP: 70043-900
(61) 3218 to 2828
When traveling to Brazil, the following documents are necessary when traveling with your pet:
- International Health Certificate for animals (Certificado Zoosanitãrio Internacional -CZI). The international health certificate is issued by a licensed veterinarian 10 days before departure, and must show no disease present. The certificate must also confirm that no incidence of contagious disease has been detected in the place of origin up to forty days before departure.
- A certificate of vaccination against rabies for any animal over 90 days old (obtained 30 days before entry in the case of animals vaccinated for the first time). This must be valid for at least one year.
- Proof of owners full name and address including state and country
- Documents showing the animals name, breed, gender, size, color, coat and any other specific markings
- Copies of all relevant documents for animals imported as cargo
The same requirements apply to guide dogs. Birds are prohibited.
Domestic dogs and cats entering Brazil do not have to be quarantined