Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine
Kildare St. Dublin 2.
01 607 2000
If you would like to visit Ireland with your pet you just need to meet the following requirements:
- An approved airline/pet cargo carrier must be used. A list of the approved airlines/cargo handlers is available here.
- Pets may enter Ireland via Dublin Airport only and must be transported by an approved airline which will carry out checks for compliance upon arrival. The Operator of the airline/ cargo company legally must notify the arrival of your pet to the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine by email at least 24 hours in advance to email@example.com.
- Pets must be carried as manifested freight.
- The pet must be identified by a microchip.
- The animal must be accompanied by a veterinary health certificate to certify that the animal is currently immunized against rabies and dogs must be treated against against Echinococcus multilocularis (tapeworm) not more than 120 hours (5 days) and not less than 24 hours (1 day) prior to scheduled arrival time in Ireland; Evidence that the movement is for non-commercial purposes must be presented to the approved airline in advance (air ticket reservation etc).
Animals which are fully complainant will not be required to enter quarantine.