San Diego Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the San Diego Forum on October 1, 2008 8 a.m.. If you can help with this question about San Diego, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to San Diego yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in San Diego here.

San Diego Dog Parks

Bring Fido is looking for the Top 10 Dog Parks in the World for an upcoming article. Think there's a dog park in San Diego that should be considered? Please reply to this post, or submit your local dog park at: http://www.bringfido.com/attraction/post/ Even if your submission doesn't make the cut, you'll still be eligible to win a pet friendly vacation valued at $2500!!

Originally posted by Melissa from Winter Park, FL, US
October 1, 2008 8 a.m.

Replies

Dog Park

I really appreciate that there is a dog park in Ocean Beach, San Diego that has a small dog and big dog area. I was recently up in Santa Barbara and I guess they don't have any parks with the two separate areas.

I have a little pomeranian dachshund puppy, who is extremely friendly and loves to play, but it can be hard if he is surrounded by big dogs. I would feel like I have to stand over him, but at the small dog park I can just let him run circles with all the like sized dogs and know it will be fine.

I have seen dog fights break out before and they can be traumatizing. I recommend reading these tips on properly breaking up a dog fight. It's not fun to think about but it does happen and knowing these techniques can keep you animal(s) and yourself from getting seriously injured.

Posted by Lauren from San Diego, CA, US
August 18, 2014 9:15 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.