Key West Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Key West Forum on May 13, 2011 10:15 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Key West, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Key West yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Key West here.

Pet Friendly Hotel Policies

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton in Key West with their pet?

I noticed the pet policy states that the dog cannot be left in the room alone. I didn't know if this meant at all times?

I realize they probably have this rule for when housekeeping needs to enter the room or if the dog is crying or barking when alone and disturbing others but there might be a few hours in the afternoon or evening that we are sightseeing or out somewhere that we cannot take her with us, and we'd like to leave her in the room (in her crate that we are bringing) We would be bringing her out with us most of the day, I just want to have the option to leave her alone.

Their policy states "must have a cell phone" which I was thinking meant if the dog does cause a disturbance they would just call you
to return to the room.

Has anyone stayed here that can elaborate on this?

Originally posted by Melissa from Fort Myers, FL, US
May 13, 2011 10:15 a.m.

Replies

Wasn't a Problem

I have stayed there with my dog, and it wasn't a problem leaving him in the room for dinner, etc. I just left the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door whenever we were out without him. Very nice hotel with pretty walking areas.

Posted by Melissa from West Palm Beach, FL, US
May 30, 2011 7:01 a.m.

Thanks for your response. I did not stay at the hotel and I did not bring my dog. I had family take care of her instead. I wasn't sure if it would be easy to bring her along for the sight-seeing or if it would be too much of a hassle to keep checking on her every few hours at the hotel room.

Posted by Melissa from Fort Myers, FL, US
July 1, 2011 1:34 p.m.

This is not a big deal, there are various hotels in your area which offer to stay with your pet. I also spend some days in a hotel with my two pets.

Posted by john Adison from Arad, RO
December 18, 2011 10:39 a.m.

Dog friendly location

we stayed at Courtneys Too on Williams St, small Inn type house, private balcony allowed our dog to go outside and get air without getting into trouble. And it was a great location. But dont bother to take your dog to restaurants because Key West is no longer dog friendly at any restaurant except the Hogs Breath Saloon....too bad.

Posted by Debra from Naples, FL, US
November 22, 2012 4:10 p.m.

Best dog hotel in key west

We took our yorkie with us and stayed at the doubletree resort. LOVE IT the staff was very nice made my pup feel right at home. We took him out but also left him in the room. Placed a do not disturb sign on door. We stayed two nights and the staff called him by name the morning after we checked in. We are going back and we will stay again. It's off the beaten path close to us1 and the beach. However if your wanting somewhere close to ducal this is not for you. We loved the quiet.

Posted by Kristy from Key Largo, FL, US
March 20, 2014 3:20 p.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.