Seattle Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Seattle Forum on October 9, 2011 2:12 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Seattle, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Seattle yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Seattle here.

Sightseeing with dogs

We will be visiting Seattle with a travel trailer & 2 small dogs. We are trying to determine the best arrangement when we drive into the city with them. We can't leave them in the trailer all day so they have to come with us. We plan to leave them in the truck (crated) for no longer than 2 hours at a time while we wander around, unless we are at an area where they can walk with us. We would appreciate any tips, recommendations, etc.

Originally posted by Teresa from Martinez, CA, US
October 9, 2011 2:12 p.m.

Replies

travel

You may want to consider using a stroller. Many people are much more comfortable or tolerant of dogs in their shops and public places if they are somewhat confined. I know it is not the healthiest option for your dogs because it limits their excercise; however, it may allow you to take them into some places that you may otherwise not be able to. We travel with three large dogs on a regular basis and you would be surprised at the number of people in tourist areas that will accomodate you and your pets.

Posted by Robin from Ohio
October 11, 2011 12:35 p.m.

THANK YOU

I will try to pick up a stroller on the way to Seattle :)
We are taking my 3 year old Papillion for my birthday weekend, will be her first time to the city :) we have our fur coats packed for the snow

Posted by KYM from Camano Island, WA, US
January 13, 2012 9:38 p.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.