Flying With Dogs Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Flying With Dogs Forum on October 16, 2012 7:16 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Flying With Dogs, please post a reply.

Un-pressurized air travel uncomfortable for dogs?

American Airlines offers non-stop flights between CVG and DFW, but I don't think the cargo areas are pressurized. I'm afraid my dog will be subject to radical air pressure changes as a result of the 30Kft descent.
Do these types of pressure changes bother dogs as much as humans? If I can prevent it, I want to reduce this additional stress.
The aircraft available for his flight are ERJ-145 (ER4) and M83. Any pilots or veterinarians that can tell me (1) whether the cargo area is pressurized on these aircraft? Or (2) if dogs are susceptible to discomfort with air pressure changes?

Originally posted by Dave from Dayton, OH, US
October 16, 2012 7:16 a.m.

Replies

Flying

I found the following discussion: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/tech_ops/read.main/319365/#menu1

The summary on that plane seems to be that pressurized yes, Heat or A/C maybe not.

Posted by Rich from Oakland, CA, US
October 21, 2012 11:24 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.