Suggestions/Feedback Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Suggestions/Feedback Forum on October 1, 2014 8:25 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Suggestions/Feedback, please post a reply.

Nasty Hotel Warning!

I just spent a night at the Extended Stay on 1 Hoover Way in Woodbridge, NJ. It was by far the filthiest hotel I have ever experienced (it was listed on Bring Fido as a Five-Bone Hotel!)

I was exhausted when I checked in late on Friday having worked and driven all day. Had my small terrier with me. Desk staff was very nice and I checked in to room 143.

The first sign all was not well was as I was getting undressed for the night, my dog retrieved one of those little medical cushion balls you squeeze to make your veins stand-out for a needle! I am thinking "junkies" left it behind.

Then I collapsed onto the most uncomfortable hotel mattress I ever tried to sleep on. I was so tired I did not want to have to get up and get dressed and do the room-change thing----although I should have. I tossed and turned all night and got a fit full nights rest. That mattress was truly like sleeping on a sack of potatoes!

After walking the dog the next morning, as I sat bleary-eyed watching the morning news, my dog kept retrieving all kinds of unidentifiable debris from under the bed.

I thought, I have to get out of this nasty place! So I go into the bathroom to shave and shower. The toilet was loose and not well bolted to the floor. Then when I drew back the shower-drape I discovered the tub had a SOLID ring of BLACK MOLD running all the way around it!
That was the last straw. I washed my face, got dressed gathered up my things and the dog and I left.
I should have complained to the management, but I thought "what for"?

Surely that room did not get like that overnight. Clearly not only does housekeeping not care but it was obvious that the management did not care either. If management had been checking things out that room would never have gotten so filthy----UNLESS management doesn't care!

As I left I noted the filthy carpet in the halls, and the trash thrown about in the parking lot and amongst the shrubs near the building.

I am just glad I did not catch any "cooties" from my nights stay!
This place is truly the worst hotel accomodations I EVER experienced! I took an image on my I-Pad of the nasty tub in case Bring Fido would like to see what I saw!

So beware folks! Something is really wrong with the rating system if this was a "five-bone" property!

Originally posted by Steve Solomon from Roanoke, VA, US
October 1, 2014 8:25 a.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.