International Pet Travel Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the International Pet Travel Forum on May 13, 2015 8:02 p.m.. If you can help with this question about International Pet Travel, please post a reply.

Flying medium-large dog to Europe

Hi,

I am planning my relocation to Europe (Western Europe - probably Italy, but possibly Germany) and nothing is set-in-stone; I'm just trying to work out the plan for my dog. He'll fit in an XL 500 crate (which I just purchased actually so he can get used to it) so I'd like to fly him not cargo but on the plane with me (not in the cabin, of course).

I typically fly Delta to and from Europe and have amassed miles with them, etc., but I'm open to another airline because my primary concern is comfort and safety of my dog. To fly Delta, we'd need to fly between September 15th and November, but I can't find any direct flights between Atlanta and Milan or Zurich then (the two places I usually fly to/from).

My question is: what suggestions do you frequent flyers have for me? Other cities on a direct-flight route with ATL between Sept. and Nov? Other reliable airlines that offer direct flights from ATL to some place in Europe that is accessibly by train to Italy?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Jessica from Atlanta, GA, US
May 13, 2015 8:02 p.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.