United States Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the United States Forum on July 23, 2010 7:48 a.m.. If you can help with this question about United States, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to United States yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in United States here.

Vacation Ideas in North Eastern United states

We've done a lot of travelling with my dog. she has been from New Brunswick all the way to Alaska. We have had some positive and some negative experiences with "pet friendly' lodging. I am looking for vacation ideas for the north eastern part of the united states. if anyone has any suggestions or has had a really great experienc anywhere, will you please share with me? Thanks,

Originally posted by Melinda from Guelph, ON, CA
July 23, 2010 7:48 a.m.

Replies

White Mountains & Great North Woods, NH

My husband and I have recently traveled with our pug up to Gorham (White Mountains area), NH and Errol (Great North Woods area), NH. We have stayed at very small local motels that were very, very reasonably priced. They were certainly nothing fancy, but cute in their own motel-ish kind of way, particularly the one in Errol (the Errol Motel - they have a website). The owner of the Errol Motel was a very sweet man. He directed us to a roadhouse-type restaurant about 7 miles away called the Bull Moose, and they allowed us to eat on their deck with the dog. The good was really good too. It's really the wilderness up there, but there's lots to do - you can drive up the Mt. Washington auto road with your pooch in the car. Go looking for moose along Rte. 16 to Errol or Rte 26 toward Dixville Notch, or up Rte. 3 to Pittsburg, NH. It's a very nature-based vacation, but a beautiful, scenic one.

Posted by Jamie from Braintree, MA, US
July 28, 2010 4:44 p.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.