Caribbean Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Caribbean Forum on April 3, 2011 11:47 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Caribbean, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Mexico & the Caribbean yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Mexico & the Caribbean here.

Relocating pet dog from Portland to Nairobi, Kenya

I'll be relocating to Nairobi, Kenya from Portland, Oregon in February I'll be relocating to Nairobi, Kenya from Portland, Oregon in February next year and have been having trouble finding reasonable prices to transport our labrador retriever. KLM will only take dogs as unaccompanied cargo and require you to make arrangement through an independent freight service in order to ship with KLM Cargo. British Airways allowed accompanied travel but only as cargo and not excess baggage. They quoted my $2000+. It seems that Kenya may only allow pets to be imported as cargo. Is this something I"ll be able to handle on my own? Does anyone have a similar experience to share? I was hoping this would be much less expensive... Thanks!

Originally posted by linhai1221 from Napanee, ON, CA
April 3, 2011 11:47 p.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.