United States Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the United States Forum on July 29, 2011 3:49 p.m.. If you can help with this question about United States, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to United States yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in United States here.

Traveling alone with a dog.

I have found it very challenging to travel alone with my dog. He is not the problem, as he's great in the car. My problem is interstate rest stops that do not allow dogs in the "people bathrooms". I would not leave him for even a few minutes in a hot car during the day in summer. I would also not leave him in a running car, especially since it will be a rental. After a problem on my last trip, we mapped out Petsmarts, etc, as well as Sonic restaurants (as their bathrooms have outside access) near the highways on which we will travel. Gas stations are not always a good choice, as many are minimarts with inside restrooms. Has anyone else had this dilemma?

Originally posted by Patricia from Miramar, FL, US
July 29, 2011 3:49 p.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.