Ellicott City Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Ellicott City Forum on May 11, 2012 12:24 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Ellicott City, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Ellicott City yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Ellicott City here.

Not so pet friendly in Ellicott City!

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on 05/10 for our special day we choose to take a drive to Ellicott City and walk with our 2 (children) puppies, a well behaved Maltese and a most adorable Morkie! I always research the area where we want to be, so not to be uncomfortable with our pooches, we are seasoned travelers and we understand policies and laws. On a google search Ellicott City came up as a pet friendly place, so we went! and truly Ellicott City is pet friendly! just not too many outdoor areas to eat at, unless you want to pick a bench, which is fine we understand that too! however, we did find two little table's outside of Johny's luncheonette, not of their property but that of the Sweet Cascade ( treat shop), we proceeded to ask for permission to use the 2 tables, they were not busy, at all! and these are just 2 little tables all beat up, nothing fancy! I also committed to purchasing form them, and the young man that helped me saw to give me the ok! It wasn't until I walked back in about 15mnts later, that the owner of the shop proceeded to scold me in an angry fashion, while I'm holding a $20. bill to just put in her tip bucket, because I didn't really want anything sweet, but it was the right thing to do! she also proceeded to tell me that it its against the law for animals to be out side near the tables, in an eating area, ( it was a side walk!) and not true! Maryland just passed a law last year that pets are allowed in out door eating areas, or restaurants , and then she slapped a piece of wet paper towel in my hands and asked me to go and disinfect the tables! and the story could go on! so yes, if you want to hang out in Ellicott City, pack a lunch, pick a bench, and don't make angry a nasty shop owner with no business already! you be the judge!

Originally posted by Vita J. Chesney from Baltimore, MD, US
May 11, 2012 12:24 p.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.