United States Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the United States Forum on July 25, 2014 10:31 a.m.. If you can help with this question about United States, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to United States yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in United States here.

Campground/Camping policies

We travel in our 30 ft. motorhome with our 4 Great Pyrenees dogs. Everywhere we take our dogs, we are regarded as 'oddities'...many folk have small dogs---few have ones as large as ours.
I don't mind having my dogs on leashes...especially when we are taking them for walks. However, small-dog owners have the options of using 'portable' dog enclosures when at the campsites. Of course, those enclosures are nowhere near strong (or large) enough for our Gentle Giants. Also, we hate to trust tie-out leads, alone---best would be an enclosure that allows us to put our dogs inside when we are at the campsite--without having to 'tie' them.
Are there statutes, regulations, or other legal/health issues that prevent campgrounds, state/national parts, or RV Resorts from designing some specific sites with permanent enclosures with heights measuring, let's say, about 4ft high?
If so, what are the legal issues?
I'm considering a business venture that would involve the establishment of this type of setting.

All input (positive/negative/other) is welcome!

Originally posted by Sheila from Conyers, GA, US
July 25, 2014 10:31 a.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.