Jennings Dog Beach
Or call (203) 256-3191 for more information.
- JayMar. 9, 2021Love the beach itself, not so much some of the people
We are a big beach family and were so happy we found a beach where our fur babies were allowed! The only bad part was there are definitely some Karen's roaming around. Don't get me wrong- 50% of the people that were there were dog people and so friendly BUT we have had quite a few experiences of some not-so-friendly folks.
Here are some experiences from our last trip:
1. Our dogs are very friendly and love to say hi to people (they don't jump, just lots of wagging tails and sniffs). We were told to put our dogs on a leash by people walking down the beach. It's a dog beach people.. expect dogs!
2. Our dogs went to go say hi to another dog and the lady started SCREAMING at us to get our dogs away from hers because he wasn't friendly (don't bring your dog to a place you know other dogs will be free if they aren't friendly with other dogs???).
3. Our dog and another persons dog were playing (how dogs play) and a family started yelling at both of us to leash our dogs because they were playing "too rough"....
4. Our dog had just pooped and I was walking back to get a poop bag out of our bag on the picnic table (my boyfriend was standing by the poop so no one would go towards it) and a lady rudely came up to me and told me that I need to pick up the poop.
It's Fairfield and there are a lot of Fairfield-y people there who We decided to leave at this point and take our dog to a dog park instead.
- AprilNov. 20, 2019Off Leash Dog Beach
Great place to run. Even on a dank day in November, we ran into other dogs.
- GooterOct. 11, 2019Great On An October Night
We arrived later than we hoped to, it was already dark out, but we had the beach to ourselves. Dogs went nuts running all over the place. No clue on the quality of sand or surrounding areas as we couldn’t see any of them. Great if you’re traveling between NYC and Boston
- BrianMore than a year agoGreat beach!
This beach is great during the fall/winter months.
Also hey Larry if you're going to drive over and hour somewhere maybe do a little research you dummy. The town website clearly state the months dogs are allowed.
Gotta love idiots.
- SnowMore than a year agoLarry from Bristol
- BernieMore than a year agopet friendly hotels
Will be driving down with my dog for the weekend...can anyone reccomend pet friendly motel in the area....dog well behaved approx. 80lbdiiii
will be driving down with my dog for a weekend....can anyone recomend a pet friendly motel....she is approx 80lbs & well behaved...2yr old lab mix
- PeterMore than a year agoOctober 01 - March 31 access
Jennings Beach is off-leash from October 01 - March 31. Dog guardians are required to maintain "control" over their dogs, and to clean up after them. Made many good friends at the beach, friendly caring people.
- LarryMore than a year agoOff Season?
Ok once again. On 7/11/11 I drive over an hour to this pet friendly beach to find out that dogs are not allowed during the summer. I wish someone would post the dates of allowance before people waste gas and time. Gotta love CT
- VladimirMore than a year agoCommander
The best place to be, starting in October and lasting through the end of March. Lots of fun, everyone friendly, happy dogs and happy families, absolute minimum of trouble. Dog people have a good relationship with the town, people come from great distances to enjoy.