Bishop Dog Park
Water, grass, shade, toys, benches;
Separate large and small dog areas;
No dogs allowed in City Park;
Dog Park Rules
1. Dog owners use the park at their own risk. The City of Bishop is not responsible for injury or illness to dogs, owners or visitors. For emergencies call the Bishop Police Department (760) 873-5866, or Animal Control (760) 873-7825.
2. All dogs must be licensed and currently vaccinated.
3. No choke chains or prong collars inside the off-leash area.
4. Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park. Unleash and leash your dog only inside the holding area.
5. Dog owners must carry a leash, monitor their dog(s) and keep their dog in view at all times.
6. Bring only the number of dogs that you can safely monitor.
7. No children under the age of 12 unless accompanied by an adult.
8. No aggressive dogs. Dogs must be removed at the first sign of aggression.
9. No dogs in heat.
10. No puppies under four months of age, or ill dogs.
11. No human or dog food, including dog treats. No glass containers.
12. No smoking.
13. An owner must clean up after his or her dog and immediately place dog waste in the provided receptacles.
14. Hours of operation are one hour before sunrise until one hour after sunset. Visit Website
Or call (760) 873-2400 for more information.
- JeanneMay. 5, 2021Nice break!
Traveling up and down the 15? Take a break in Bishop for a great little run around. Lots of room, fenced, water - very nice.
- MollyApr. 29, 2021Wide Open
It was a little difficult to walk to from the park (that dogs aren't allowed in), but easy to find. It was well maintained, but there were some poops that weren't picked up. Lots of tennis balls to use! The water wash fresh and easily refillable.
- MaggyMar. 25, 2021Good Dog Park
Nice place to let the dog stretch his legs. Water for dogs available and a kiddie pool if you have a splasher. Nice grass for them to run in.
- CassandraMar. 22, 2021Beautiful setting!
Surrounded by gorgeous mountains and a fun park for the pups. Great break from the road with friendly dogs and owners.
- KevinOct. 31, 2020Nice dog park
Very nice and clean/maintained dog park. nice green grass and shade/benches. One side of park for big and one side for small dogs. our baby’s favorite dog park.
- ShannonJun. 18, 2019Great Park!!
Lots of room, lots of water. Could use more seating. But well maintained.
- EllieMore than a year agoNice Park
A really nice park and well maintained. It was a little hard to find, but I asked around and got directions. We definitely will stop there again on our way home.
- RenoMore than a year agoLeg Stretcher
I like the size for the Large dogs. Plenty of room for them to run. There was two benches and a rock formation to sit on. There is a water fountain and a bucket of water to quench their thirst. The dog park had two ball throwers with plenty of tennis balls scattered around. Be careful as there are a couple of bad spots on the ground.
- DeannaMore than a year agoOne bench
Nice park. We were traveling on vacation and arrived just after dusk. One bech was across from the gate. No paved walkways. I stepped into poop due to the poor lighting. Would recommend more than 1 bench and some paved areas. Will come again if on vacation to Bishop.
- JennyMore than a year agooff leash Funtime
So great to have a place I can let my pup run around and socialize!
- LauraMore than a year agogreat park
The dog amenities are great! From a kiddie pool for your pooch to cool down in along with a hose and dog fountain especially for your dog. A fun place to hang out with your fury friend.