- MonicaMar. 30, 2021Amazing and so Beautiful
Went to take in the history, gardens, and beauty...our dog Layla enjoyed walking around the cemetery.
- ZekeJan. 17, 2021Zeke @ Bonaventure
Huge place, great to walk around, saw plenty of other families with dogs, fabulously interesting histories in the graves. Highly recommend as an easy place to stroll around with your dog, to take in some history.
- LoriFeb. 12, 2020A Savannah Treat
We always make time for a cemetery stroll. Especially this one whenever we are passing thru Savannah. Beautiful and dog friendly, full of history.
- MargaretMar. 29, 2019Wonderful Afternoon!
Our guide was very knowledgeable, even showed us a plot he recently purchased for his family. Beautiful trees in bloom, wonderful sculptures. Pick-up at hotel was nice, although our mates were a bit surprised to see two dogs joining them.
- MandyJun. 6, 2018Great exploring
Bring Bug spray for sure! Very pet friendly
- AnnMore than a year agoHistoric cemetary, hard-to-find grave sites
Met other folks at the cemetary all of whom had the map, but were still unable to find specific graves, esp. that of Johnny Mercer. A large cemetary with limited parking, but many interesting statutes and tributes to those buried here.
- JadeMore than a year agoBeautiful - use bug spray!
This is a beautiful and old cemetery. Make sure to use bug spray - we were al bitten by several mosquitoes.
- JenniferMore than a year agobeautiful
We visited with wonder mutt and all enjoyed a nice walk through the beautiful & historic setting.
- DonnaMore than a year agoIt is a great place to walk!
We enjoy walking our poodles at Bonaventure Cemetery. It's full of beautiful oaks, plenty of shade, rich in history and as a bonus there is a beautiful view of the Wilmington River!
- KarolineMore than a year agorelaxing walk
A beautiful place to take a relaxing walk with your pet. I highly recommend if you're into history. :)